FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 1, 2022
For more information:
Mary Odom, Executive Director
Fang Shen Selected for the ITCGKC Women in International Business Award
(Kansas City, MO) – The International Trade Council of Greater Kansas City is pleased to announce that Fang Shen, Partner at Husch Blackwell Law Firm has been selected as the 2022 recipient of the Women in International Business Award. Ms. Shen leads the Asia Client Services team and concentrates on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, loans and financing transactions, corporate law matters, and global manufacturing and distribution. She is fluent in Chinese and English and received her legal education in the United States and China which enables her to counsel U.S. businesses expanding to China and Chinese companies for their legal needs in the United States. Ms. Shen currently serves on the Asian American Chamber of Commerce of KC Board of Directors and the Edgar Snow Memorial Foundation Board of Directors .
The ITC honors a distinguished woman in the Kansas City international business community each year. Criteria for award recipient include:
- Professional achievement (in international trade/development), and has a long-standing career in international trade.
- Is involved with other organizations in business and the community, and shares their expertise
- Proudly represents KC nationally and internationally
- Is a member of or supports the ITCGKC and its mission
- Has promoted the Kansas City metro as a center for international trade
- Has often held leadership roles to mentor or advise future IB professionals
- Has demonstrated a drive to educate and develop others in international trade
- Has an inspirational story of her own path
About the International Trade Council of Greater Kansas City (ITCGKC)
The International Trade Council of Greater Kansas City was founded during World War II by a group of area business leaders with the purpose of promoting Kansas City’s regional products and trade prospects. Since our founding in 1944 our mission has changed slightly to reflect the times but has retained our core values – to foster development, expansion and education of international trade. ITCGKC is found online at http://itcgkc.org, and can be followed on Twitter at @ITCKC.
# # #
Download the full press release PDF here.