Calling All College Students!
Global Career Bridge brings students pursuing careers in international business (IB) together with our member organizations seeking IB-educated talent.
Three member companies host groups of students to present key aspects of their business operation that are likely relevant to student career decisions. Guidance is also offered regarding the organization’s recruitment process and how students could best navigate that process. Students have an opportunity to meet several professionals from the organization, tour the facility, and observe culture-revealing aspects of the organization.
Students that participate will receive:
- Orientation prior to the event
- Transportation to the host companies
- Networking opportunities with hiring managers
There is a nominal cost for students and host organizations which varies by membership type.
Students and educational institutions may register by contacting Alyson Schroer, at email@example.com.
8:00 am Students arrive at DEMDACO, 5000 W. 134th St., Leawood KS
10:30 am DESIGN RESOURCES INC., 7007 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS
12:00 pm Lunch (provided)
1:30 pm SCARBROUGH INTERNATIONAL, 10841 NW Ambassador Dr., Kansas City MO
4:00 Students return to DEMDACO to pick up their cars
- Students must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student (full or part-time)
- Students must have at least a 2.7 overall GPA and have at least junior standing prior to the Global Career Bridge Event
- Student’s career goals should include a field involved in International Trade.
- Students should have sufficient background and maturity to learn from the experience
- Students must have a resume prepared in advance; resumes will be provided to employers in advance of the event for the employers to review.
- Cost: $20/student, if your application is accepted. $30 per student for non-member universities.
- Student emails the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Resume, or LinkedIn URL that includes comparable information
- Brief cover letter addressed to ATTN: Mary Odom, ITCGKC Executive Director; one or two paragraphs that include the following:
- Indicate your interest in participating in this event
- HOW international trade fits with your career goals
- WHY a position with one of more of these companies would help you achieve your career goals
- DEADLINE for submitting these items: October 9, 2019
- ITCGKC will review applications and email all participants by October 14th regarding whether they have been selected to participate in this event.
- Invoices will be sent to cover participants’ costs. This will include students’ transportation by bus to each of the companies, as well as lunch.