New resources have emerged in the spirit of international cooperation to track the status of ports worldwide. This article compiles several of these resources for the Kansas City international trade community.
- World Ports Sustainability Program Task Force has established the World Ports COVID19 Informational Portal. The portal features latest industry updates based on a daily screening of reports from individual ports, port associations, shipping organizations, governments, international regulators and specialized news outlets.
- Hellmann Worldwide Logistics has created a portal with daily updates to all the airfreight, seafreight, road & rail, and contract logistics for all countries in which they operate. The portal includes 80 countries.
- Wilhemsen Group, ship agents have created an online map showing port-related regulations and restrictions.
- North P&I Club provides a daily country update on its website of port-related measures that are impacting shipping. Their data feeds into a live COVID-19 map created by the V. Group showing restrictions by country.
- BIMCO, the global association of shipowners, operators, managers, brokers and agents, you will also find latest information on measures taken by various countries to combat the COVID-19 outbreak that could impact sea transport.
- MH&L, Material Handling & Logistics created a slide show of COVID-19 Transportation Rules for US Trading Partners.
Jay Devers, ITC Board Member
Bestway International / Hellmann Worldwide Logistics